Love sugar cookies but hate taking all the time to roll them out? Me too! These easy sugar cookies require no rolling out on the counter top! Just roll them in balls and squish them. They are quick to put together and have great flavor. My four year old helped me make these and he loved dipping the glass in sugar and then smashing the cookies flat. If you don’t have a four year old, you will have to do that part yourself.
I love any treat with almond flavoring, and these have plenty of it. They are buttery and just melt in your mouth. They are definitely going into my regular cookie rotation!
Wouldn’t they look pretty on a Christmas cookie tray?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Frosting for Sugar Cookies
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- dash salt
- 2-3 Tbsp cream or milk
- Mix butter, sugar and extract in a large bowl. Beat until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before moving to cooling racks.
- Cool completely. Frost cookies and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Frosting: Beat together all ingredients till smooth and creamy, adding as much cream or milk as needed.
Recipe adapted from Leigh Anne of yourhomebasedmom.
These are my go to products every time I make cookies! (affiliate links)