St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies – a box of pistachio pudding mix makes these cookies perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day. It’s never been one of my favorite holidays because of all that darn pinching. There were always those jerks at school that would just walk around pinching everyone. Then they would laugh and say, “Oh, sorry, I didn’t see the green earrings/pin/shoes/belt/shirt that you’re wearing.” Morons! I sure hated that!
Now that I’m older and most of my friends have outgrown that fun adolescent phase, I find St. Patrick’s Day much more enjoyable. And yep, you guessed it, it’s because of all the fun recipes that go along with the holiday. I love coming up with yummy green treats to make for my kiddos. Holidays just wouldn’t be the same without all the great food, would they?
These cookies get amazing flavor as well as a little green color from pistachio pudding mix. I still needed to add food coloring though, so if all you have is vanilla pudding, go for it! I don’t like my cookies too brightly colored, so I just used liquid food coloring. If you prefer a more vibrant green, I recommend using gel food coloring.
These chocolate chip cookies are always soft and yummy. One of my favorite cookie recipes!
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3-oz box instant pistachio pudding (just the mix)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or white chips (I use half and half.)
- Cream butter, sugars, and dry pudding mix in a large bowl. Beat in vanilla and eggs (and food coloring if desired). Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
More awesome St. Patrick’s Day treats: