I know you’re all thinking, “What, another banana bread recipe? I already have one of those!”
But my family enjoyed (actually inhaled is a better word) this sour cream banana bread so much that I just had to share it. I have made this recipe before, but I forgot to add the cinnamon, so they weren’t exactly the same. You can’t really tell they have cinnamon in them, they just taste extra yummy and you don’t know why. Plus the sour cream makes them extra moist. No kidding, my boys and hubbie finished them off in a matter of minutes. I was lucky to get a photo. Next time I will have to hide some in my craft room so I can snack on them later in the day. 😉
This recipe can easily be made into banana muffins. I usually make a dozen muffins, and two mini loaves, but you can do whatever you like. I have included the baking instructions for all three options at the bottom.
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, sour cream, bananas, and vanilla. Add flour, soda, and salt and stir just till mixed. Add nuts. Spoon into well greased loaf pans or muffin cups.
- For regular size loaf: Bake at 325° for about 50-60 minutes.
- For 3 mini loaves: Bake at 325° for about 25 minutes.
- For 2 dozen muffins: Bake at 325° for about 18 minutes.