If you are reading this, then things worked out as I planned and I actually scheduled a post for the very first time using WordPress. I am currently on the road. For eleven straight hours. After which we will have two days of family reunion, then turn right around and drive for another eleven hours home. I know you are all jealous. With all the stress I’ve been under lately, I’m just hoping I don’t unleash a serious case of road rage, or have a total breakdown in front of my husband’s entire family.
What I really wish I was doing was staying home all by myself, curling up with a good book, unwinding, and then tackling at least a few of the projects that are nagging at me and making me insane. That, and eating lots of chocolate. Like these cookies for example. They are my mom’s recipe, and I’ve never found a peanut butter cookie I like better. If you don’t have Hershey kisses, you can just smash them down with a fork and they make great plain ole’ peanut butter cookies. Or you can add chocolate chips. Or dip them in melted chocolate. I’ve tried all varieties, and they are all yummy. Of course, I’m partial to the varieties that include extra chocolate, but that’s just me.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. See ya next week. 🙂
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- About 1/3 cup sugar for rolling
- 1 package Hershey's kisses
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar if desired. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey's kiss into the center. Let sit for about 3 minutes, then carefully remove to cooling racks to cool.
I love these products for making peanut butter cookies: (affiliate links)