Because I have really slacked at posting fun stuff lately, I want to leave you with a yummy recipe. If you like peanut butter, you should try this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
I served it for Thanksgiving, and it was a hit with everyone. My 9 year old loved it so much that even though there were 5 other choices of pie, he only ate this one. Chocolate and peanut butter is always a winner in my book too, so I loved it as well. Unlike him, I did manage to try some other flavors of pie as well.
This pie is super simple to throw together, and can easily be made ahead of time. It is very rich, so a little bit goes a long way. Enjoy!
- 18 oreos, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Mix crumbs and butter and press into a 9" pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- 8oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8oz Cool Whip
- -This pie is very rich, so serve small slices. :)
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter till smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar till thoroughly combined. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread filling into crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.