For those of you who are still sticking to your New Year’s resolutions, please look away. This Almond Coconut Cheesecake is an absolute diet buster. I’m sorry. I made it for Christmas, and I just couldn’t wait any longer to share it. It is decadently delicious and I was in heaven with every bite!
If you like Almond Joy candy bars like I do, I’m betting that you will love this cheesecake! It is loaded with almonds and coconut. I toasted the coconut, and it adds great flavor and crunch. It is also in the crust, which adds another depth of flavor. I added extra to the top for garnish, but that is totally optional.
Just look at that amazing chocolate ganache dripping down the side. Oh my heavens. A bonus with chocolate covered cheesecake? It hides any cracks that form on the surface.
People, you need to make this cheesecake. If you don’t have a springform pan, you need to get one asap. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo crumbs (I use my food processor)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- 6 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Combine Oreo crumbs, coconut, sugar, and butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about an inch up the sides of a springform pan. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add sugar and beat till creamy. Lightly beat in the eggs, extracts, and salt till thoroughly combined. Fold in the coconut and almonds. Pour mixture on top of the crust. Turn oven down to 325° and bake for about 75 more minutes or until the outer 2 1/2" is set. Remove from oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Topping: Heat cream in a glass bowl in the microwave until hot but not boiling. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Let sit for about a minute, then stir till smooth. Pour over the top of the cheesecake, letting some drip down the sides. Sprinkle toasted coconut in the middle and toasted almonds around the edges. Chill till set.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. It is even better the next day!
Recipe adapted from The Curvy Carrot