Filled with Oreo pieces, Andes peppermint bits, and chocolate chips, these Peppermint Oreo Cookies will delight all chocolate mint lovers, and are just perfect for Christmas!
Hooray, it’s peppermint season! One of my very favorite things about this time of year is all of the peppermint foods that show up in stores just for the holidays. I have an addiction to all things chocolate and mint, so I love looking for ways I can incorporate them into my baking. I made these cookies last year, and they are phenomenal! With Oreos, peppermint bits, and chocolate chips, how could they not be?
The peppermint Andes bits look like crushed up candy canes, and they make the cookies just look like Christmas! I borrowed an idea from these cookies and added some crushed up Oreos to the dough. Every bite is packed with yumminess!
The cookies are soft and chewy, and it’s fun biting into chunks of Oreos. My family loved these so much I actually had to make a second batch because they ate them all before I had a chance to take photos. (It was technically just a half batch, but still.) These are some seriously yummy chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp dry vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed (approx. one full cup)
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 (10 oz ) pkg Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Cream butter, sugars, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl till creamy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat for about 2 minutes. Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt till just combined. Carefully stir in the crushed Oreos, chips, and mint bits.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased or silicone baking mat lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
For an easy Christmas neighbor gift, just wrap a few of these cookies up in a cellophane bag and attach a Christmas gift tag. Your neighbors will love you!
If you’d like to use the Christmas tag in the photo, you can find it HERE.
If you love chocolate mint like I do, you will enjoy these:
Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies