St. Patrick’s Day Smore Snack Mix – Ooey gooey marshmallow covered popcorn with grahams and chocolate. What’s not to love?
Have you recovered from Valentine’s Day yet? My kids are still finishing off the last remains of their candy, and I have the decorations put away. Time to move on to the next holiday- St. Patrick’s Day! I don’t do much decorating for St. Patty’s Day, but I do like to whip up some fun themed food. This S’more Snack Mix can be adapted for any holiday, but I used green M&M’s so it’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!!
It has a light coating of melted marshmallows that is just heavenly. But add in the graham cereal and chocolate, and you have a real treat! I’d eat this over an actual s’more any day. 🙂
I used air popped popcorn to make my snack mix, but I think microwave popcorn would be just as good. In fact, the salty/sweet combination would probably be fabulous!
My kids gobbled this stuff right up, and I bet yours will too! It might just become a yearly tradition at our house.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup green M&M's
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Stir together popcorn and Golden Grahams in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows. Cook and stir till marshmallows are melted. Stir in vanilla. Slowly pour over popcorn mixture, stirring till evenly coated. Add the M&M's.
- Pour mixture onto waxed paper and spread out. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the top. Let cool till chocolate hardens.
Recipe inspired by A Pumpkin and a Princess.
Other fun St. Patrick’s Day treats to try: