This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for this recipe for One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
Quick, easy, and flavorful, this stroganoff is the perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. It is perfect for potlucks and holiday gatherings, because adults and kids alike love it!
I don’t know about you, but during the hectic holiday season, I am always on the lookout for no-fuss dinner recipes that are also delicious. Pasta is always a favorite at our house, and lately I have been experimenting with recipes that can be made all in one pan. Less dishes to wash is always a good thing, right?
This pasta recipe is so simple! Just brown the ground beef with the onion, then add all the remaining ingredients except the sour cream. Simmer till the pasta is tender and most of the liquid is evaporated. As it cooks the pasta will soak up all that flavor from the broth, making the dish extra yummy.
After the liquid is cooked down, all you have to do is stir in the sour cream, heat through, and serve!
This One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff has become a new family favorite. In fact, I’ve made it three times already! Everyone in the family loves it. The last time I made it, I decided to try Barilla® Whole Grain Rotini. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how well it would be received with my kids.
Guess what? They didn’t even notice. The rotini made with 100% whole wheat was just as tasty as the classic Barilla pasta that I have been using for years. I will be switching over! I love that it has the extra fiber and nutrients from whole wheat, but still tastes amazing.
I bought my pasta at Target, and it happened to be on sale, so I stocked up. I always keep boxes of pasta on hand for easy last minute meals.
I like to serve this ground beef stroganoff with cooked peas, or a tossed salad. It’s a hearty, comforting meal that everyone in my family enjoys. If there are any leftovers, they heat up just perfectly the next day!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try. It might just become a favorite at your house as well!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz Barilla Whole Wheat Rotini (about 3 cups dry pasta)
- 3/4-1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook 2-3 more minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, pepper, flour, broth, and pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, for 10-12 minutes, or till pasta is tender and most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add sour cream as desired. We like it with just 3/4 cup, but you can add more. Heat through and serve immediately.