We did not plant a garden this year. Fortunately for us, my parents supply us with fresh tomatoes. Because there is nothing better than fresh tomatoes when you are making salsa! This Black Bean Corn Salsa is our favorite. My kids inhale this stuff like it’s manna from heaven. OK, to be honest, I do too. And I don’t feel too guilty because it is chock full of veggies.
It is great with Mexican food like tacos and enchiladas, but it also makes a great snack all by itself. The avocados are optional, but they are my favorite part! My kids aren’t fond of cilantro, so sometimes I leave that out.
And as you can see from the photo, I forgot the olives. They add a nice saltiness to balance out the heat, and my kids love them. They weren’t happy that I left them out, so after I was done with the photo shoot I had to add some. LOL!
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
- 5 large garden fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced very fine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 avocados, diced (optional)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can olives, sliced
- 1/2 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g