Gourmet Cinnamon Roll Caramel Corn . . .crunchy, sweet, and highly addictive, this popcorn is perfect for the holidays, or for movie watching all year long!
I have been baking up a storm this week making neighbor gifts. Usually I give everyone the same thing, but I’m changing it up this year. I had a lot of recipes I wanted to try, so I used my neighbors as guinea pigs. (Shh, don’t tell.)
Every day I just whipped up a batch of something and made a few deliveries. So much more fun and less stress, that I think I may try it again next year!
This first recipe is one that Sara, the co-author of one of my favorite recipe blogs, Our Best Bites, made on Studio 5 way back in September. I am kicking myself for waiting so long to try it. Oh.My.Goodness. It is delicious!
Just like that wonderful gourmet popcorn that you have to pay an arm and a leg for. Well, you can hold onto your limbs, because now you can make gourmet cinnamon roll caramel corn right at home.
This is the first time I’ve made a non- gooey caramel corn, and I’m hooked. It’s so easy. You make the cinnamon caramel sauce in the microwave, then stir it over the popcorn and pecans. (Use this trick for removing popcorn kernels.)
Then you place it in the oven and bake it till it’s nice and crunchy. (I line my cookie sheets with silpat liners, and cleanup is a breeze.) Top it off with some melted white chocolate, and you have an irresistible snack!
If you have any last minute neighbor or friend gifts, this would be perfect. Toss some in a bag, tie it up with a cute ribbon, add a gift tag and you’re good to go. Or you could just keep it all for yourself. I won’t tell anyone. 🙂
More mouthwatering popcorn recipes:
Cinnamon Roll Caramel Corn
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 squares almond bark (about 4 oz)
- Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large glass bowl. Mix well. Add butter and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. Microwave for 2 more minutes. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will foam. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and pecans and stir till everything is well coated.
- Line a jelly roll pan with a silicone baking liner, or use parchment paper. Pour popcorn onto the prepared pan. Place in oven and bake at 250° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. When almond bark is set and popcorn is cool, break into chunks. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g