Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for peanut butter lovers of all ages! With peanut butter, Reese’s peanut butter chips, and peanuts, these cookies are irresistible.
Did you know that today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day? Well it is. Which means that all peanut butter cookies consumed today have absolutely no calories. I don’t know about you, but I’m taking advantage of that. Because I love me some peanut butter cookies.
In the past, I have shared my recipes for Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Magic Middle Cookies, and Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. Peanut butter and chocolate are pretty much a match made in heaven, dontcha think?
I love the combo so much that I am always trying to come up with new recipes that include chocolate and peanut butter. I tweaked a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to come up with these.
I’ve added Reese’s peanut butter chips to cookies before, and I love them. I thought I’d add even more peanut flavor by adding some roasted peanuts.
I love how they added some crunch, and some unexpected saltiness to balance out the sweet. Hope you try them, they are darn good!
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- butter, softened to room temperature (I use regular salted butter in all my recipes.)
- creamy peanut butter (If you use crunchy peanut butter, you need to add an extra tablespoon or two, or the cookies will be dry.)
- brown sugar (I usually use light, but dark brown sugar is fine as well.)
- eggs (I use large eggs in all of my recipes.)
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour (I prefer to use unbleached flour, but that’s a matter of preference.)
- baking soda
- baking powder
- chocolate chips (I like semi sweet, or a mix of semi sweet and milk chocolate chips.)
- Reese’s peanut butter chips
- roasted, salted peanuts
Melt butter and peanut butter together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cool and pour into a large mixing bowl. Beat in the sugars. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes. Whisk together the dry ingredients and stir in with the chips and peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for about 10-12 minutes.
Love chocolate and peanut butter? Try these:
MORE HOMEMADE COOKIES:
- Butterscotch Apple Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Kit Kat Cookies
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 heaping cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- Melt butter and peanut butter together in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cool to room temperature and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat in the sugars. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and stir in with the chips and peanuts. Don't over-mix.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto silicone lined or lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for about 10-12 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 25gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3g