A few weeks ago I volunteered to help one of my friends with her cute daughter’s wedding reception. She told me they would be having Strawberry Crepes and asked if I would be willing to make some crepes. My first thought was “Oh no, I haven’t made crepes since high school, I sure hope I don’t mess them up.” But I said yes, planning on making a trial batch beforehand. I never got the chance, because I didn’t get the crepe recipe early enough, so I was
totally freaking out a bit worried.
The morning of the reception I got to work making a big batch. My first crepe was a disaster! It looked more like a demented piece of swiss cheese than a crepe. I started sweating a bit. But the second one turned out oodles better. And by the 6th or 7th crepe, I was crankin’ them out. I learned that the secret was to tilt the pan and swirl the batter the second I poured it in the pan. By crepe #85, I was a pro! So if you’re a little nervous about making crepes, don’t worry. It’s not as hard as it seems. Pinky promise.
When I went to the reception that night, I got to sample a completed crepe. Oh my goodness. So yummy! The kind of yummy that makes you wish you weren’t at a wedding reception so you could lick your plate. Right after the reception, we made a beeline to the grocery store for strawberries so I could make crepes for my family the next day. These crepes are to die for! Cheesecake filling, fresh sweet strawberries, Nutella, and some whipped cream. I am drooling right now just thinking about them.
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes with Nutella
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Homemade crepes filled with a cheesecake filling and nutella, topped off with berries, nutella, and whipped cream. A spectacular dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 3 oz box vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz of Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2-4 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella, warmed
- 2 ounces Cool Whip (or canned whipped cream)
- For crepes: Blend milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla in the blender. Slowly add flour, then sugar and salt. Blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so the batter will thicken slightly.
- Pour about 3-4 Tbsp of batter in the bottom of a round heated skillet. (Use a little oil if needed.) Tilt the pan to cover the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Gently use a spatula to flip the crepe. Cook about 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- For filling: Blend cream cheese and 2 Tbsp milk till smooth and set aside.
- Beat pudding mix, 1 1/2 cups milk, and vanilla. Add to cream cheese mixture and beat well. Fold in Cool Whip.
- For topping: Slice strawberries and stir in sugar. Let sit a few minutes till sugar dissolves.
- To assemble: Spread a tiny amount of Nutella down the center of a crepe. Add a scoop of filling and roll up. Place one or two on a plate.
- Top with strawberries. Drizzle with warmed Nutella. Top with a bit of whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 9g
One serving is two crepes.
-The crepe batter can be made a day or two ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
-Crepes can be cooled and stacked, and they won’t stick together. Cooked crepes can be stored a day or two in the fridge.
This recipe is amazing! I don’t know how long after you posted this that I started to make these for guests and special occasions, but it has been a long time. Your directions on how to make them, when I had never done it before, were so easy to follow. And I love how you can just stack them, because they don’t stick. Everyone always loves these. We have friends that we are feeding on Saturday and when I got on here to prep I thought, I need to let you know how much we love these! These are a keeper forever. Thank you!!!
These were incredible. I have never made crepes before, but like you said, it is easy. Found this on Pinterest and the picture led me in. Thanks for the recipe!
These are delicious! We made them friday night for dinner and loved them so much that we made them again for lunch today!
They are scary yummy, aren’t they!
Today is my eldest’s 14th bday… yep… I am making these as I type. She saw the pic and said “I want those!” 🙂
they look awsome want to try them bad
I really need to master crepe making, these look delish!
Look and sound delicious!!