Welcome to Creations by Kara! I’m Kara, and this is my family. I’ve been married for 25 years to my amazing husband, and I’m a proud mama of four boys and a princess. They are my support system, my cheerleaders, and my clean up crew. (I pay them in cookies.)
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE
-Launched in 2008, Creations by Kara is a site about all things creative. My goal is to inspire women to try new things. You don’t need to be a chef to create delicious food, and you don’t need a degree or a huge bank account to create a beautiful home! All you need is a little creativity, a little courage, and a little elbow grease.
– You can find family friendly recipes, DIY projects, home decor, crafts, tutorials, tips, and more!
I grew up cooking in the kitchen with my mom, and I have always loved trying new recipes. I love family friendly recipes that don’t require specialty ingredients. I make dinner recipes because I have to, but my real passion is baking. 😉 Homemade breads and cookies are my favorite things to make.
When I was young I loved cross stitch and embroidery, but that was where my creativity ended. I never considered myself a creative person outside of the kitchen. It wasn’t until I was married that I discovered my love of all things creative. I basically taught myself how to paint, crochet, sew, and make my own home decor. Once I discovered how to use power tools, it opened up a whole new world!
For years I was afraid to decorate our house because I was afraid I would do it wrong. I have since learned that there is no wrong way. If you love your home, you’ve done it right!
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I am a Christian and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don’t drink coffee or alcohol. No, my husband doesn’t have more than one wife. He can barely keep up with my bucket of emotional needs.
- I love dark chocolate. And peanut butter. And dark chocolate and peanut butter together. Oh, and toffee. I could literally eat homemade toffee till I make myself sick. 🙂
- I love reading! I’ve loved it since I was a kid. I used to sneak a flashlight to bed so I could read under the covers after my parents turned off the lights.
- Traveling kind of stresses me out. I love being in fun new places, but the trip planning and getting there? I’d rather clean bathrooms. For reals. My husband has learned to plan our vacations, or I’d probably never leave the state.
- I love organizing. My house is filled with bins, baskets, and lists. So technically it should be clean and organized all the time. It is not. It is so not. Maybe after all the kids leave home?
- I cannot write with a dull pencils. It gives me the heebie jeebies. I have a stash of at least 25 mechanical pencils hidden in my closet so that I’ll never run out.
- I have never had a professional pedicure because I can’t stand for people to touch my feet.
- I actually enjoy house cleaning. Except for unloading the dishwasher and picking up random junk off the floor. I make my husband and kids do that, and I wash dishes for them.
- I once got kidney stones in Hawaii. On my anniversary. Not awesome.
- I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I live in Utah. Not the best combination, but I love the people here so much that I can’t leave.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you’re new here, you may want to check out these posts:
I hope you find something that inspires you to use your creative side!!