I was at the store last night and saw that quarts of strawberries were on sale for 98¢. Woohoo! I love strawberries, so I grabbed two boxes. I came straight home and started looking for a fun dessert that I could try.
I discovered this one in an old notebook. I think it originally came from a cooking segment on my local news station a few years back. It looked super easy, and I love anything with sweetened condensed milk, so I decided to give it a try.
BLUE RIBBON STRAWBERRY CAKE
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 16oz container Cool whip
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Bake cake in a 9x13" pan according to package directions. Punch holes in cake with a fork or skewer.
- Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl. Let sit for about 10 minutes till juicy. Spread evenly over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread on top of strawberries.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with extra strawberries if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 5g