Bacon BBQ Sandwiches – this easy and hearty sandwiches are a nice change from traditional sloppy joes!
I found this recipe for BBQ sandwiches in an old cookbook and modified slightly. It is a great summer meal because it is prepared in a skillet, so it doesn’t heat up your oven. And it is so easy, you can have dinner on the table in just minutes!
It is a little bit like Sloppy Joe’s, but my boys liked it better. For some reason they aren’t big fans of Sloppy Joe’s, but they did like these. Probably because of the bacon! 🙂
You can serve them on hamburger buns, but I thought that the English muffins were really good. Make sure you toast them for best flavor.
Looking for a few more easy dinner solutions? Check these out:
Bacon BBQ Sandwiches
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 16oz can kidney or black beans
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For serving:
- English muffins, toasted, or hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain off any fat.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cheese) and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir cheese in and heat till melted. Serve over toasted English muffins or hamburger buns.
-In a pinch, you can use Hormel real bacon bits instead of cooking your own bacon.