DIY Lampshade Redo– Canvas Rosettes

Last year at about this time I did a tutorial on covering a lampshade with canvas. I love my apothecary lamp, but I was feeling like it needed to be spruced up a little more. I just wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with it. While I was at CBC last week, I saw this lamp that Teresa Collins made. (By the way, not only is she gorgeous and amazingly talented, she is also totally friendly and down to earth. An absolute sweetheart!)

Anyway, when I saw this lamp, I loved it. Aren’t the rosettes just dreamy? I knew I wanted to use the idea. So I whipped out my camera and took a photo. Yes, I asked first.
decorating-rosette-lampshadeI decided not to fill my entire lampshade with rosettes, because that would take waaaay to much time. So I just used a few. Teresa’s were made of paper, but I used canvas.

Here is my lamp before:
diy-decorating-rosette-lampshade

And here it is after I added the canvas rosettes:
diy-decorating-rosette-lampshadeI think my lampshade redo turned out quite lovely. What do you think?

Comments

1. Leslie Nadon says:

Kara I have been fawning over this lamp for weeks, maybe months. Finally got up the courage to try it myself. Check out my version
    I hope you like it. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. I am SO going to do this to a lamp I have. It’s perfect, and I’m angry I didn’t think of it first 🙂 I can’t wait to update my reading nook floor lamp. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

3. Crystal says:

OMG< you are seriously AMAZING!!!! I love all your creations. I couldn't get enough of your blog. Now a new follower!

4. Kara, Thank you so much for linking to the Boardwalk Bragfest. I LOVED your project and I’m featuring it on Bobbypins Boardwalk. You can view it here:

Please feel free to take a “featured” button, and I hope to see your next project at the Bragfest on Wednesday.

5. Bridgette says:

Looks awesome! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related! ~Bridgette

6. Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner says:

Ok, this is really really really awesome! I love this and I think even I could do it. Great idea.

Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What’s For Dinner?

7. Corinna says:

This is beautiful! I love Teresa’s too!

Corinna

8. I am thinking that’s one of the more creative lamp shades I’ve ever seen. I LOVE it! I am so jealous. I prefer yours to your inspiration piece. You put just the perfect amount of little flowers on it, the perfect arrangement, the perfect color! Magnificent!

9. FABULOUS! I love how this turned out! It is so elegant and I just want to reach in this screen and grab it to add to my decor! Thanks so much for linking up to Hoo’s got talent!

10. oooooo! I love that! Stopping by from Hoo’s Got Talent.
    -Mama E

11. Kari@Ucreate says:

Kara,
    I saw this via Someday Crafts and have to stop by and tell you that it’s fabulous!! Teresa’s lamp is way cool too, but you’re right that would take awhile!!

• Thanks Kari! Maybe someday I’ll cover the whole thing. But not till I finish the other 362 projects I have planned. 😉

12. Cindy Adkins says:

I tried to leave a message but I’m not
    sure if it will post…
    I just wanted to say that your
    lamp looks beautiful—what
    a fabulous idea! Just
    gorgeous!
    HUGS,
    Cindy Adkins

13. Cindy Adkins says:

Oh, this is so pretty! You did an amazing job!
    Love the rosettes!
    HUGS,
    Cindy Adkins

14. I think it’s absolutely gorgeous!

15. aww…i like the canvas rose…so cute. no color but it blends so well. love it!

16. Did my second comment not show up? I wrote that I was featuring this at somedaycrafts.blolgspot.com. It’s just so beautiful and made of CANVAS!!!

17. Wow, this is such a neat idea!!

18. Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com says:

I love how it turned out! Great work!

19. Awesome! I love canvas. 🙂

20. marcydebbie says:

LOVE it! I’m am going to add some of the rosettes to a canvas bag that I’m giving as a gift.

21. I LOVE it! Great job! 😀

22. A great shabby chic look. Very attractive and clever.
    Hugs, Jeanne

23. That is absolutely gorgeous!

24. oh this is amazing! 😉

25. Oh my….i love that lamp! I noticed that you were raising money for an adoption? I’ll have to check out your etsy site! 🙂

26. Crystal says:

It looks beautiful!

27. Love the lamp shade! I am visiting from All Thingz Related.

28. Oh this is lovely! The canvas flowers add just the right touch!
    Visiting from All Thingz Related. 🙂

29. I’m featuring this at somedaycrafts.bllogspot.com. I’m going state a new trend – canvas! DO you think it will work?

30. Melanie Beth says:

This is so pretty, and not too showy! It really looks beautiful!

31. I just love the look on the lamps. Beautiful and so unique!

32. Whitney says:

I think it is beautiful! I want to steal your idea! 🙂 Is there a tutorial for these rosettes?

• There’s actually several out there. Just google fabric rosette tutorial, or rolled fabric roses and you will find several. I’ve used a few different ones, and they all turn out cute.

33. Donna @ The House on the Corner says:

Such a good idea. I think you hit right on the mark with fewer roses – I love it!!!

34. I love these flowers!! I’ve been making them since last week! Your lamp looks fab!

35. The Answer Is Chocolate says:

This looks fantastic !

36. Canvas rocks! That looks great!

37. How cute are these?! I love the one with the rosettes going down it. So dainty and pretty!

38. Wonderful! I love the new lampshade! LOVE your blog, btw! 🙂

39. I think it’s frickin’ cute!

Trackbacks

1. 23 SPECTACULAR LUMINOUS WAYS TO REDO A LAMPSHADE • DIY Tips says:

[…] by Creations by Kara this lampshade is definitely one of a kind. Sensible and cozy, it will transform your space […]

2. […] love this lamp posted on Creations by Kara. My lamps look so boring compared to this […]

3. Canvas Dropcloth Decorating–So Many Uses :) | says:

[…] used it to makeover a lampshade, and to frame my barn star. Totally love the canvas rosettes on my lamp. I decided to make some […]