One of my very favorite things about spring and summer is strawberries. I love them. I love eating them plain. I love them in fruit salad, smoothies, and desserts. I could eat them every single day. I am always looking for new recipes featuring strawberries. I had a yummy lemon mousse recipe that I’d made before. I thought it would be even better with the addition of strawberries. I was right! They were the perfect addition. So yummy!
These Strawberry Lemon Parfaits are perfect summer dessert. Nice and light and very refreshing on a warm evening. And they look so pretty in the glasses. That’s always a bonus. 🙂 You could also try using different fruits if you like. I’m thinking it would be fabulous with blueberries too. Hope you enjoy it!
Strawberry Lemon Parfait Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cream, whipped
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the lemon juice and peel.
- Chill for 1-2 hours. (This allows the lemon zest to flavor the pudding.)
- Press through a metal strainer to remove lemon zest and any lumps.
- Beat cream till stiff and blend in the powdered sugar. Fold into the lemon mixture.
- Slice strawberries and toss with a little bit of sugar. Stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Layer pudding mixture and strawberries in parfait glasses. Enjoy!
-I don't like the texture of the zest in the mousse, so I strain it. If it doesn't bother you, feel free to skip that step.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g