My boys love cold cereal. I am not a fan. I can eat it, but I don’t really enjoy it. And I really don’t care for cooked cereal either. It’s a texture thing. I try to keep the freezer stocked with muffins. Or I just have toast and fruit. But on the weekends, I like to make nice hot breakfasts. If they get to choose, every one of my boys picks Swedish pancakes. I love them too, but I like to have a little variety every once in awhile.
A few weeks ago I found this recipe for breakfast burritos and gave it a try. We all loved them and they disappeared in a flash. My hubbie and I liked them with salsa, but the younger boys just ate them plain. Either way they are delicious! I wanted to freeze some, but there were none left. And no one even mentioned that they missed the Swedish pancakes. 🙂
I used half a pound of sausage, but feel free to add more if you have big meat eaters at your house. You can also leave out or substitute any of the vegetables according to your family’s tastes. Enjoy!!
Yield: 12 servings
Hearty breakfast burritos filled with eggs, sausage, hash browns, peppers, and cheese.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 16 oz bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste (I like garlic salt)
- 12 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- Brown hash browns in a small amount of oil; set aside.
- Brown sausage and onion; drain well. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add green pepper, salt, and pepper. Pour into the sausage skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Add hash browns and mix gently.
- Place about 1/2- 3/4 cup of filling on each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and serve immediately. Serve with salsa if desired.
-These breakfast burritos can be frozen. Let cool, wrap individually, and store in a ziplock bag.
To reheat, either wrap with a paper towel and heat in the microwave for a couple minutes, or wrap in foil, thaw, and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 246mgSodium: 1058mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g
Leave a Reply