I have found that the older I get, the more I prefer dark chocolate. When I was a kid, I always wanted milk chocolate chips in my chocolate chip cookies. My dad would always buy semi-sweet. And I would complain. I’d still eat them- they’re cookies for crying out loud- but I’d complain. Now things have come full circle, and my kids complain when I opt for the semi-sweet chips. Ah the irony!
The lucky thing for me is that if I get anything with dark chocolate, I don’t have to hide it from my kids. So I was pretty thrilled when I opened up my package from DOVE® Chocolate and all of these babies came tumbling out. Oh yah baby!
I’ve tried all three, and I love all of them. Slightly sweet, slightly tart, totally yummy! And of course, dark chocolate is good for you, and so is fruit, so you can totally have these for breakfast, right? At least it would be better than a doughnut. 🙂
As soon as I saw the chocolate covered blueberries, I knew I wanted to try adding them to cookies. I opted for a cream cheese base because I thought it would pair perfectly with the dark chocolate. I was right. These cookies are delicious! It is awesome biting into a chewy blueberry. And of course I love the rich chocolate!
Chocolate Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 6 oz bags Dove chocolate covered blueberries
- Beat together butter and cream cheese till smooth. Add sugar and beat till creamy. Add egg and extracts. Beat well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate covered blueberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your hand.
- Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes. (Cookies won't brown on top.)
- Cool for about 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g