Need an afternoon pick-me-up or a snack for the starving kids when they walk in the door after school? Give these Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites a try. They are easy to make, healthy, and actually taste de-licious!
They want to eat something that tastes good. I want them to eat something healthy. These energy bites make both of us happy!
They are full of protein, fiber, and nutrients like vitamin B1. But they taste like a treat. A little like no-bake cookies actually. Truth be told, I like them even more, because they aren’t so sweet they make my tongue hurt.
Not only do these little gems taste good and pack a wallop of nutrition, they are super easy to make. Just stir a few ingredients together, roll in balls, and you are done. Easy peasy. I’ve shared them with family and friends, and everyone loves them. I added craisins to one batch, and I loved that addition. Seriously, these are so yummy!
Here are a few more of our favorite snacks:
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2/3 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 3 Tbsp wheat germ
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Stir together oats, nuts, flax seed, wheat germ, and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- In a glass bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey together in the microwave, stirring till smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir till well blended. (The chocolate chips will melt.)
- Roll into balls about 1 1/4" across. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g