I am sharing another Christmas cookie recipe today. You can’t have too many, can you? 🙂 I made these Cinnamon Roll Cookies last Christmas for a cookie exchange at my friend Jen’s house. Then I proceeded to lose the recipe.
I searched high and low for months, but it never turned up. Then just a few days ago I was looking in one of my pattern books, and there it was! No idea how in the world it got there. But I am so glad I found it, because these cookies are really yummy!
These cinnamon cookies are a great addition to any Christmas cookie plate, because most people have never tried them. And who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? They are nice and cinnamon-y, and the cream cheese icing on top is the perfect addition.
I like mine on the soft side, so I usually bake them for the lower amount of time, just till they are barely golden brown. But if you prefer a crisper cookie, you can bake them longer.
If you love cinnamon rolls, but want something a little faster, you should really give these cinnamon roll cookies a try. I still don’t think they beat a homemade cinnamon roll (what does?) but they are super cute and super delicious!
CINNAMON ROLL COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in until well combined. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Prepare filling by combining brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove dough from fridge and divide into 4 sections. Roll one piece out into a 18x5" rectangle on a floured surface. Spread with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and about 6 tablespoons of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up into a long log shape, and pinch the edge to seal.
- Cut into 1/2" thick slices and place on parchment or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 9-11 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 sections of dough. Let cookies cool on cooling racks and then drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
- For frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter till smooth. Add powdered sugar and enough milk to make a thin icing. I like to put it in a ziplock bag, snip the corner, and drizzle the frosting over the cookies. Much easier to make them pretty that way!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate