I am sharing another Christmas cookie recipe today. You can’t have too many, can you? 🙂 I made these Cinnamon Roll Cookies last Christmas for a cookie exchange at my friend Jen’s house. Then I proceeded to lose the recipe.
I searched high and low for months, but it never turned up. Then just a few days ago I was looking in one of my pattern books, and there it was! No idea how in the world it got there. But I am so glad I found it, because these cookies are really yummy!
These cinnamon cookies are a great addition to any Christmas cookie plate, because most people have never tried them. And who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? They are nice and cinnamon-y, and the cream cheese icing on top is the perfect addition.
I like mine on the soft side, so I usually bake them for the lower amount of time, just till they are barely golden brown. But if you prefer a crisper cookie, you can bake them longer.
If you love cinnamon rolls, but want something a little faster, you should really give these cinnamon roll cookies a try. I still don’t think they beat a homemade cinnamon roll (what does?) but they are super cute and super delicious!
CINNAMON ROLL COOKIES
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Love cinnamon rolls? You will love these cute little cinnamon filled cookies. They even have a cream cheese glaze!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in until well combined. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Prepare filling by combining brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove dough from fridge and divide into 4 sections. Roll one piece out into a 18x5" rectangle on a floured surface. Spread with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and about 6 tablespoons of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up into a long log shape, and pinch the edge to seal.
- Cut into 1/2" thick slices and place on parchment or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 9-11 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 sections of dough. Let cookies cool on cooling racks and then drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
- For frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter till smooth. Add powdered sugar and enough milk to make a thin icing. I like to put it in a ziplock bag, snip the corner, and drizzle the frosting over the cookies. Much easier to make them pretty that way!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
Kara, these look AMAZING! I would love to try making these and I would love for you to link this post up at my Christmas Themed link party here: raisingmemories.com/2013/12/december-2013-sharing-time-week-in.html
Have a wonderful Christmas!