I pinned a bunch of Easter recipes on Pinterest. So many that I couldn’t decide which ones to make. Am I the only one who thinks it’s harder to choose a recipe than actually make it? I can pour over cookbooks and scour pinterest for hours trying to choose a stinkin’ recipe. I sure hope I’m not alone in my craziness. 😉
To take the pressure off of myself, I let my family vote on the Easter treats they wanted. These macaroon nests from Maria at Two Peas & Their Pod won out. I’m sure the Nutella and the candy had something to do with it. These little nest cookies are super cute, and they taste divine! Maria used a different recipe, but I went with the same one I make Chocolate Dipped Macaroons with. I already knew we loved those!
They are super easy to make, and my kids had fun decorating them, especially the seven year old. He loved them! In fact, we had the following conversation yesterday:
Justin: “Mom, have you posted that recipe for the nest cookies we made last night?”
Me: “Not yet.”
Justin: “Well, you’d better hurry! They were so good that you’ll probably get like a million hits.” (Thanks for the vote of confidence buddy.)
So without further adieu, I give you Coconut Macaroons with Nutella. Go make some with your kiddos. 🙂
If you like these, you might also like my Cream Cheese Nest Cookies. Guess we have a thing for nests around here! 🙂
Coconut Macaroon Nests with Nutella
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 1/2 cups coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- For the nests:
- 1/2 cup Nutella (more or less)
- Easter egg shaped candies (peanut M&M's, Cadbury milk chocolate eggs, jelly beans, and Reese's PB eggs all work great)
- Combine all ingredients till well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Make an indentation in the center to form a nest shape.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Fill each nest with about 1-2 tsp of Nutella, and top with a few candy eggs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g