This hearty Nacho Soup is loaded with ground beef, black beans, onions, peppers, corn, and cheese. It has a bit of a kick, and every scrumptious bite warms you right up!
Ah soup. It is a staple at our house during the cold winter months. Nothing is more comforting on a cold day than a bowl of homemade soup. It always hits the spot, doesn’t it?
This soup is filled with all the flavors of loaded nachos, and every last drop was delicious! It has a bit of a kick thanks to a jalapeno pepper and red pepper flakes. You can adjust the heat according to your taste by leaving out the red pepper flakes and removing the pepper seeds. And of course you can add more if you like things spicy!
Garnishes make this soup extra tasty, so make sure you have them on hand. We used grated cheese, tortilla strips, and green onions, but you can add whatever you like.
Other options that I think would be tasty are sour cream, diced avocados, and cilantro. Go crazy and add whatever your family likes!
How to make Nacho Soup:
Brown the hamburger in a large soup pot. Drain off the fat and add onion and green pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the the garlic, jalapeno, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and beef broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Whisk together the flour and cream, then add them to the soup with the milk. Cook and stir till thickened, then slowly stir in grated cheddar cheese. Heat till cheese melts.
Top soup with the garnishes of your choice.
What can I serve with nacho soup?
Handy supplies for making Nacho Soup:
Heavy soup pot – I’ve had my 6 quart Farberware soup pot for years, and I love it. It gets used every week at my house!
Beef Soup Base – I love the Better than Bouillon soup base, and I like to use it for all my recipes that call for broth.
Soup Ladle – If you have soup as much as we do at my house, you definitely need a soup ladle. I have a couple, because they are also handy for punch.
I’m teaming up with the Celebrating Food Bloggers again, this time for National Nachos Day!
Here are eleven nacho recipes for you to enjoy!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Nachos from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Nachos from Crumb
Chicken Fajita Nachos from The Baker Upstairs
Cheesecake Dessert Nachos from Ashlee Marie
Loaded Nacho Soup – right here!
Vegan Nacho Cheese from Namely Marly
Spicy Pulled Pork Nachos from Supergolden Bakes
Easy Dessert Nachos from Real Mom Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Nachos from Savory Experiments
Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce (not pictured) from My Mommy Style
LOADED NACHO SOUP RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Cheese, tortilla strips, and green onions for garnish
- Brown the ground beef in a large soup pot, drain grease. Add the diced onion and green pepper and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and beef broth. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour and cream. Bring the soup back up to a boil over medium low heat, then stir in the cream mixture, then the milk. Boil for at least a minute to thicken the soup.
- Gradually stir in the grated cheese; cook and stir till cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with tortilla strips, additional cheese, green onions, and any other desired garnishes.
You can adjust the heat by eliminating the red pepper flakes or using just half a jalapeno. Or you can add more of both if you like it spicy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 754mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g