This Braided White Bread is soft, tender, and so pretty to serve. We love it served warm with butter!
We have been enjoying unseasonably warm weather. It has been heavenly! Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and the winds are blowing in a storm. 🙁 I really do not enjoy cold weather. The only thing I like about it is the baking. We eat a lot of breads during the winter months. I love serving them with soups, so I am always trying new recipes.
Braided Bread Recipe
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 7 1/2 cups all purpose flour (more or less)
- 1 Tbsp water or milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Mix yeast, water, milk, oil, and sugar in a large mixing bowl and let sit for a few minutes till bubbly.
- Add the salt, eggs, and enough flour to make a soft and slightly sticky dough. Knead for 6-8 minutes on a floured surface.
- Return dough to the bowl and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Dump dough out onto an oiled counter top. Divide in half.
- Divide each half into three equal parts. Shape into ropes that are about 16 inches long. Place the ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid them together, tucking the ends under.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Let loaves raise for about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g