OK, are you ready for a week of Halloween recipes? It is so much fun cooking for holidays, I just love it. There are so many great ideas out there. I think I have a list of about 20 new ones that I want to try this year.
This first idea is one that I tried for the first time last night. Mummy Pizzas. I hesitate to call it a recipe because it’s so easy. I used homemade dough and sauce, but you could use English muffins or canned biscuits for the crust if you want.
You could also use purchased pizza sauce.
These were fun to make, and very tasty. And I thought they turned out stinkin’ cute! I loved seeing the looks on my family’s faces when I pulled these out of the oven. It was great to be a “Cool” mom for the evening! I don’t know a kid who doesn’t like pizza, so these are sure to be a hit at your house.
- 1 pound pizza dough (approximately)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 mozzarella string cheese (more or less)
- 6 olives, sliced
- -Roll dough out on a lightly floured or oiled counter to the thickness you like.
- Cut into circles. A large glass works. Or of course a large round cookie cutter if you have one.
- Place circles on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Poke holes in the dough with a fork. Bake at 450° for about 5 minutes.
- Remove crusts from oven and spread with sauce. Add two olive halves for the eyes. Pull off pieces of the string cheese and lay them across the pizza so they look like mummy wrap.
- Turn the oven down to 400° and bake the pizzas for 8-10 more minutes or till crust is done and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g