I like these Frozen S’mores Cups even more than actual s’mores! A graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache, marshmallow creme, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream all layered into one cute, frosty treat. What’s not to love?
Today is the day I join in with my other Celebrating Food bloggers to celebrate National S’mores Day. I actually had another recipe all typed up and photographed. But somehow in the whole computer transfer after my old computer bit the dust, I lost the photos. So I ended up making this recipe instead. Which ended up not really being a bad thing. Because these cute little s’mores cups are incredible!
Plus it turns out my photos weren’t actually lost for good, my husband was able to recover them. Bless him, this website would be an epic fail without his tech skills. And now you have another yummy s’more recipe to look forward to in the coming days.
I enjoy a good campfire s’more now and again, but these frozen s’more cups are actually more up my alley. Especially during the summer. Because hello- frozen. Nothing’s better than a cold treat when it’s so hot outside you feel like your skin is going to melt off.
These little s’more treats are so cute and fun to serve. Who doesn’t like their own personal dessert, especially when it has five layers of yumminess? Another thing I liked about serving them? From the outside you can’t see that layer of marshmallow creme in the middle. So you get a creamy surprise when you take your first bite. FUN!
- 14 whole graham crackers (about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Layer 1:
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate (milk or semi-sweet)
- 1/4 cup cream
- Layer 2:
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Layer 3:
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- Layer 4:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- For crust, finely crush the graham crackers to make about 1 1/2 cups crumbs. Add the melted butter mix well. Set aside about 3 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining crumbs into the bottoms and up the sides of 12 muffin cups. Place in the freezer.
- Melt the 1/2 cup chocolate and the 1/4 cup cream in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Cool slightly, then divide between the 12 crusts. Freeze for 15-20 minutes or till set.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of marshmallow cream on top of each chocolate layer.
- Whisk together the milk and chocolate pudding mix till smooth; pour over the marshmallow creme. Freeze for 2-3 hours, or till firm.
- Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Use the edge of a plastic knife to loosen the cups, then they should just pop out. If you need to, you can tip the pan sideways and run hot water over the bottom to loosen them.
- Just before serving, whip the cream till soft peaks form. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and continue beating till stiff peaks form. Pipe onto the frozen cups. Garnish with the reserved crumbs and chocolate chips.
Recipe inspired by Easy Baked.
Here are even more melt-in-your-mouth s’more recipes from the Celebrating Food bloggers:
S’mores Muddy Buddies from Like Mother Like Daughter
S’mores Poke Cake from Butter with a Side of Bread
S’more Macarons from Ashlee Marie
Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores from Real Mom Kitchen
Rice Krispie Smores from Summer Scraps
Frozen S’more Cups from Creations by Kara
Vegan S’mores Served Two Ways from Happy Food Healthy Life
S’mores Pie from Jamie Cooks It Up
S’more Whoopie Pies from Cupcake Diaries
Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores
Caramel S’more Crunch Mix
Caramel S’more Pops
Chewy S’mores Granola Bars
S’more Ice Cream
S’more Filled Donuts
S’mores Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Chocolate Covered Strawberry S’mores
Heavenly S’mores Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie S’more Bars
Layered S’mores Krispies
Peanut Butter S’mores Fudge
No-Bake S’more Bars