Apple Banana Muffins- These muffins are loaded with kid friendly fruit, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar to make them extra special. So tasty served warm!
I found the recipe for these yummy muffins at Stephanie’s Kitchen. Like me, she has a fetish for warm muffins. Mmmm! These babies were a huge hit with my family. I made a few simple changes to save a little time and fit the ingredients I had on hand.
These muffins are tasty on their own, but with the cinnamon sugar topping, kids can’t resist them!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2-3 apples, grated or diced
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (optional)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, blend butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Add to dry ingredients with bananas and apples. Stir just to moisten.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes.
--Stephanie used chopped apples and saute'd them in butter and cinnamon. My family prefers grated apples, so I omitted that step.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 31gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3g