We love potatoes at my house. Mashed, baked, fried, au gratin, you name it, we love it. This version is not only quick and extremely tasty, but it is also really low in fat. (Trust me, you will not miss all those extra calories.) I got the recipe from my friend Lorraine, who is a wonderful cook.
These yummy roasted potatoes are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Mmm. They are wonderful as a side dish with just about any type of meat. You can add more or less cayenne pepper depending on your family’s tastes. I usually use fresh Parmesan cheese, but I am sure that the canned stuff would work just dandy.
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed or peeled (I scrub them and just peel off the ugly parts.)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 paprika (optional)
- Cube potatoes and place in a large bowl. Stir to coat the potatoes
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to potatoes. Toss till evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes on a greased cookie sheet. (Line with foil first for easier clean up.)
- Bake at 450° for about 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g