Apple Pie Pizza– Simple crust topped with tender cinnamon sugary apples, then finished off with a buttery crumb topping. A perfect fall treat!
Apples and cinnamon are the perfect fall flavors. We have an apple tree, so I am always looking for new ways to use up apples. I stumbled upon a recipe for apple pizza in one of my old cookbooks, but it called for cream cheese.
I wanted a more simple apple pizza, so I came up with my own version. And trust me, this Apple Pie Pizza is amazing!
You guys should smell this stuff while it’s baking, it is amazing!! My whole house smelled delicious! The cooked apple filling is heavenly. I could have doubled it and just eaten it by itself!
But added to the top of a crust and topped with sugary buttery crumbs? Oh my. This stuff is soooo good! It’s similar to apple pie, but much easier to make and serve.
It is truly a perfect fall treat! And wow, I just used a lot of exclamation marks. That means you should really make this. 🙂
Apple Pie Pizza
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1/3 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour (more or less)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 large granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- For dough: Combine yeast, sugar, hot water, and warm milk in a mixing bowl. Stir till yeast dissolves. Add salt and oil.
- Stir in one cup of the flour and mix well. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times on a floured counter. Return to the bowl, cover, and let rest 15 minutes.
- For filling: Melt butter in a skillet. Add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low; cook and stir for 3-4 more minutes, or till apples are crisp tender.
- For topping: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with a fork till crumbly.
- To assemble pizza: Pat dough onto an 8-9" circle on a lightly greased cookie sheet, making a rim around the edges. Arrange the apples evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or till crust is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g