Cinnamon Crumb Apple Coffee Cake– A tasty breakfast treat that fills your kitchen with an amazing spicy aroma. Apples and cinnamon just go together, and they pair perfectly in this tender, buttery coffee cake!
Who’s ready for fall baking? I know I am. I love apples, pumpkins, cinnamon, and all fall flavors! I adapted one of our favorite coffee cake recipes to come up with this recipe.
The apples in the middle add a great tart flavor to balance the sweetness of the streusel topping. And they add some extra moisture too. So very yummy!
My family finished off an entire pan of this stuff in one sitting. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!! Who doesn’t love cake for breakfast?
Cinnamon Crumb Apple Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (I used Granny Smith)
- Mix streusel ingredients in a small bowl till crumbly; set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat in eggs, then milk and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients just till barely combined.
- Spread half of batter in well greased 9×13" pan. Sprinkle with half of crumb mixture.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over the crumbs. Drop remaining batter in spoonfuls on top of apples and spread as evenly as possible. (It’s OK if there are a few small gaps, it will fill in as it bakes.)
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake at 325° for about 60-68 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g