These pretty candy like bon bon cookies are filled with a yummy caramel surprise. They are so fun to serve, and even more fun to eat!
Guys, these bon bon cookies are so good! The first time I made them- several years ago- I just used a regular Hershey kiss in the middle. They were still good, but using a caramel filled kiss makes them totally decadent! Who doesn’t like biting into a cookie and finding an ooey gooey caramel surprise in the middle?
I decorated the tops of my cookies with white chocolate, M&M’s and gum drop slivers. I just love how pretty they look!
Of course, you can just add a few sprinkles on top of the cookies.
Or if you’re really in a hurry and don’t have time for the layer of white chocolate to set up, just drizzle them with a little white chocolate and add some colored sugar or sprinkles. No matter what you do, these cookies will taste amazing!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 10oz bag Hershey's kisses with caramel
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + 1 tsp coconut or canola oil
- M&M candies and green gumdrops
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium low heat. Turn heat to very low and add chocolate chips. Cook and stir till smooth and melted. Remove from heat and stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Dough will be stiff.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. Flatten it out and put a caramel kiss in the middle. Wrap the dough around the kiss, sealing it inside the dough.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 7 minutes. Cookies will be shiny on top, but will set up as they cool. Let cool on pans for a couple minutes, then remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate over each cookie, letting it drip halfway down.
- Use kitchen shears to cut small leaves from the green gumdrops. Top each cookie with a red M&M and two gumdrop leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 61mg Carbohydrates: 32g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
If you want to share these heavenly little goodies, I have designed a little gift tag to go with them. Click on the link below and it will take you to the post where you can download the gift tags.
Holly Jolly Gift Tags