Pistachio Kiss Pudding Cookies – Pudding mix makes these Christmas cookies so soft and yummy, and a kiss on top makes them extra fun. You’ll love them, and so will everyone else!
These Christmas cookies were an experiment, and we were all pretty pleased with the yummy results. Pudding cookies are always a hit, and these were no exception. The pistachio pudding mix gives the cookies not only great flavor, but a pretty green color.
I loved the crunch and flavor of the chopped pecans on the outside, but you can roll them in sugar instead if you prefer. Or of course you can roll them in chopped pistachios. 🙂
That little Hershey kiss on top makes them irresistible to kids and adults alike! I like them best after they have cooled and the chocolate is set up, and I actually thought they were better the next day.
HOW TO MAKE PISTACHIO KISS COOKIES
- PREP – Soften the butter to room temperature. Finely chop the pecans and place them in a bowl. Line a cookie sheet with silicon or parchment, or spray with cooking spray. Unwrap the Hershey kisses. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- WET INGREDIENTS – In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar till creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- DRY INGREDIENTS – Whisk together the dry pudding mix, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the creamed mixture with the chocolate chips. Stir till thoroughly combined.
- FORM – Roll dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in the chopped pecans. Place on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- BAKE – Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Carefully remove cookies to cooling racks to cool.
You can store these cookies at room temperature for 4-5 days. I don’t recommend freezing them, because the chocolate kisses fall off when they get cold.
MORE KISS COOKIES:
- Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Hershey Kiss Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Kiss Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Blossom Cookies
- Bon Bon Cookies
PISTACHIO KISS PUDDING COOKIES
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl till smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Combine pudding mix, flour, baking powder, and soda. Stir into the creamed mixture with the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls, then roll in pecans. Place on silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Immediately press a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Carefully remove cookies to cooling racks. Cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g