I hope you’ve enjoyed all the cookie recipes this week! For the last day I’m sharing a recipe for Caramel Shortbread Cookies. These cookies are right up my alley!
Tender buttery shortbread topped with gooey caramel and drizzled with chocolate. It doesn’t get much better than that!
My parents came down for a visit yesterday, and I whipped up a batch of these for my mom to take to a party they had last night. Thankfully they are out of the house, because I’m sure I wouldn’t have had the willpower to stop eating them!
These would make a perfect addition to any Christmas cookie tray, wouldn’t they? They are so pretty that I couldn’t stop taking pictures of them. LOL!
See what I mean? So yummy!
CARAMEL SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 15 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in yolk and vanilla. Stir in the flour.
- Roll in balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Use the back of a round measuring spoon or your thumb to make an indentation in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or till barely brown on the bottom. Let sit on pan for a couple of minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Melt caramels and milk in the microwave in a small glass bowl. Fill each cookie with about half a teaspoon of caramel.
- Melt chocolate chips in a ziplock bag in the microwave at half power. Drizzle over cookies.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g