Apparently we are big fans of zucchini bread, because this Cherry Nut Zucchini Bread is the ninth variation that I’ve posted. I’d better hurry up and come up with another one so I can make it an even 10. LOL!
I bet this zucchini bread doesn’t taste like any zucchini bread you’ve ever tried before. It just tastes like a loaf of yummy cherry nut bread. But it’s chock full of healthy zucchini. Bonus! If you really want to fool people, you can peel your zucchini. Trust me, they won’t know it’s in there!
I got this recipe from my mom last year, and I seriously love it! I’m having a hard time restraining myself from finishing off the remaining loaf. The almond extract in this recipe is the perfect compliment to the cherries, and it adds a ton of flavor, so don’t leave it out!
Cherry Nut Zucchini Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 cups flour
- 1 3 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Whisk together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in zucchini, cherries, and nuts. Add the dry ingredients and mix lightly till just combined.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 8"x 4" loaf pans. (I line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper.)
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g