This Chicken Alfredo with Bacon and Spinach starts with a jar of alfredo sauce, so it is a quick and easy meal for those hectic weeknights!
Do you ever have days that you wake up totally organized, totally motivated, and ready to tackle all of the projects on your list. . . . Only to have life interfere with your amazing plans? Today was one of those days for me. Miracle of miracles, I actually sat down yesterday and planned out how my whole day was going to go. It’s been weeks since I’ve done that. I was so excited for all I was going to accomplish.
But alas, my husband came home from early morning basketball limping from an ankle injury. His right ankle. The one he drives with. He insisted he could drive himself to the doctor, but I didn’t think that was a good plan. So I spent this morning sitting in the waiting room and reading a book. The good news- no broken ankle, just a really bad sprain. The bad news- – half the day is already over, and I kinda lost my mojo. Ah life. It sure has a way of messing up my plans. 😉
So here I am, a little later than I planned. I tried this Chicken Alfredo recipe last week when I needed to throw together a fast dinner. And use up the bacon in my fridge. The male members of my family are not particularly fond of cooked spinach. Like at all. I was afraid they wouldn’t like this, but I hoped the bacon would win them over.
And you know what? It totally did. Every one of them ate it and loved it. Hooray! We had a little bit of leftovers, and it was just as good the next day. This chicken alfredo with bacon is one of my new favorite summer recipes, because it doesn’t require heating up the oven. Perfect!
Love pasta? Here are a few more yummy recipes to try:
Chicken Alfredo with Bacon and Spinach
- 16 oz pasta
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts, diced (I used two chicken breasts)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 16 oz jar Alfredo sauce
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Place the chopped spinach in the bottom of your colander. As you drain your pasta, the hot water will cook the spinach. Scoop the pasta back into the pan and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon in a large skillet till crispy. Remove from pan and place on paper towels.
- Remove all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon grease from the skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the bacon grease till done.
- Add Alfredo sauce, spinach, and Italian seasoning. Heat through.
- Serve over hot pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
-My boys like a lot of pasta with their sauce, so I use 24 ounces of pasta. Your family might be different.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 727Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 1320mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 50g