Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta – You are going to love the robust flavor of this pasta dish. It’s loaded with chicken and veggies, and it’s a cinch to make!
We are big pasta fans at my house, and I love experimenting with new pasta dishes. This creamy cajun chicken pasta was my latest creation, and it will be going on the regular dinner rotation for sure!
We had my parents over for dinner the night I served it, and all eight of us loved it. My mom even asked for the recipe, so I knew it was a winner. And the best part is that it is ready in under 30 minutes!
I haven’t done much cajun cooking, but I had a jar of cajun seasoning in my pantry that was just begging to be used. It works perfectly in this recipe. Tons of flavor, very little work. If you are worried that it will be too spicy, you can start with less seasoning. And if you like things on the fiery side, feel free to add more.
I love that this recipe is full of vegetables. Not only are they colorful, they add a terrific flavor and crunch. My kids loved it with the yellow pepper, and didn’t even complain about the tomatoes. (They were actually my five year old’s favorite part.)
Every bite of this pasta is creamy and delicious!!
Recipe inspired by Creamy Cajun Pasta at Savory Experiments
I’m teaming up with the Celebrating Food Holiday Bloggers for National Pasta Day today. I see a lot of pasta in my near future. These pasta recipes look simply delish!
One Pot Chicken Florentine Pasta from The Baker Upstairs
Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Shells from Like Mother Like Daughter
The Perfect Mac and Cheese from Ashlee Marie
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta from Yummy, Healthy, Easy
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna from Butter with a Side of Bread
Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta from Creations by Kara (you’re here)
One-Pot Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles from Life Made Simple
Simple Italian White Bean and Pasta Soup from Real Mom Kitchen
More mouthwatering pasta recipes:
My oh my. So many pasta dishes to choose from. Which one to make first, that is the question. 🙂
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 3 chicken breasts, cooked)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced (you can use a green pepper in a pinch)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp chicken base or chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 8 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound rotini pasta, cooked in salted boiling water
- 2 green onions for garnish
- Shred chicken and set aside.
- In a large skillet saute onion in butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add yellow pepper and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and flour. Stir till flour is absorbed. Quickly whisk in the milk, cream, chicken base, and cajun seasoning. Cook and stir till thickened and creamy.
- Add the shredded chicken and heat through. Stir in the halved tomatoes just before serving. Mix with the hot pasta. Garnish with sliced green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 661mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g