I’ve actually had the recipe for this Chocolate Chip Cake for several years, I’ve just never gotten around to making it. I first had it at a Bunco night several years ago. I remember that I loved it and asked my friend for the recipe the very next day.
I am so glad I finally made this! We had some friends over for dessert and everyone loved it. It is very moist and tender. The cream cheese gives it a great flavor and texture, and the crunchy topping is so yummy.
It is actually a coffee cake recipe, but I think it is better served for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Wouldn’t you agree?
Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar till fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add milk and dry ingredients. Beat just till combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well greased 9" springform pan.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar, then add pecans. Sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then carefully remove from the pan. Cool before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g