Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars – ooey gooey, buttery, cruncy, and filled with chocolate and toffee, these bars are everything a treat should be!
You know how you have some recipes that you just keep meaning to try, but then you forget. Then you see them again and think, “I really need to make these, they look soooo good.” And then you forget again.
This recipe for toffee chocolate chip bars has been one of those for me. I think I’ve drooled at the thought of these bars at least a dozen times over the past year. But for one dumb reason or another, they never actually made it out of my mind and onto the table.
Now that I have made them, I have to say that I should not have tried them. I should never make them again. I don’t think my hips can handle it. They were so yummy that it was scary! Full of chocolaty goodness, gooey caramel middle, and crunchy bits of toffee and pecans. Oh my. I could not resist these.
I cannot have them at my house. I vow that I will not make them for at least another year. Or maybe 6 months. OK, I will not make them in the next two weeks. That would just be wrong. But you, you should make them. It will work very nicely for my evil plan. 😉
The printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post.
How to make Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- all purpose flour
- brown sugar (I used light brown sugar, but dark will also work.)
- butter (I used salted butter.)
- egg (I use large eggs in all of my baking.)
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- toffee bits
Stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter till mixture is crumbly. Add eggs and mix well with your hands. (Yes, they will get dirty. You can handle it.) Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the chips and the 1 cup nuts.
Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the dough. Press the remaining dough into a greased 9×13″ pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crust. Top with all but 1/4 of the toffee bits. Place pieces of remaining dough over the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chips.
More incredible recipes for the toffee lover:
MORE BAR COOKIES:
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- Cherry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Toffee Bars
- Cinnamon Sugar Bars
CHOCOLATE CHIP TOFFEE BARS
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, soft
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided (I used semi sweet)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg toffee bits, divided
- Stir together flour, salt, and brown sugar. Cut in butter till mixture is crumbly. Add eggs and mix well with your hands. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the chips and the 1 cup nuts.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the dough.
- Press the remaining dough into a greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crust. Top with all but 1/4 of the toffee bits. Place pieces of remaining dough over the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chips.
- Bake for 25-30 more minutes, or till golden brown. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits on top.
- Cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g