Coconut Granola – this homemade granola is packed with hidden nutrition, but it is so tasty even the picky eaters will enjoy it!
I have always been a big fan of granola. I like the kind you can buy at the grocery store, but there is nothing that compares to homemade granola. My mom made it all the time when I was growing up, and I loved it! I would eat it with milk for breakfast, or just by the handful. So good!
My husband and kids share my love of granola, so I am always trying out new recipes. For this one, I adapted two recipes I found in different cookbooks, then added extra coconut. I also used coconut oil for a double boost of coconut flavor. The results were amazing. One of my favorite granola recipes to date!
If you’ve never made homemade granola before, you should try it. It is so easy! Just stir the ingredients together, pour everything onto a cookie sheet, and bake it. That’s it!
We happened to have fresh raspberries and vanilla yogurt on hand when I whipped up this batch, and I enjoyed delicious yogurt parfaits for days. I was in heaven!
Of course you can use any berries you prefer. But man oh man, these raspberries were perfection. Doesn’t this just look divine?
I added pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and ground flax seeds to this granola to make it extra nutritious. My kids didn’t even notice the flax seed, and they didn’t complain one bit about the pumpkin and chia seeds. Truth be told, I had to hide it from them so I could get my fair share. Don’t tell me you’ve never done that. LOL!
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy:
COCONUT GRANOLA RECIPE
- 3 cups regular oats
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cups pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Combine oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, almonds, chia seeds, and ground flax seed in a large mixing bowl. Toss lightly.
- Melt maple syrup, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan. Pour over dry ingredients and stir till evenly coated.
- Pour onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes. Stir, then bake for 15 more minutes. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 7gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g