Coconut Panna Cotta with Berries- a light and refreshing dessert.
I am doing a blog swap with my fun blogging friend Ashlee today. You can find my recipe for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies over at her site, Ashlee Marie. Funny that we both did recipes featuring coconut. Apparently we were on the same wave length this week! 🙂
Hello Creations by Kara readers! My name is Ashlee and I blog (or used to – morning sickness slump) over at Ashlee Marie! I met Kara at my first blog conference, and then again at my second. And we drove together to my third…
She’s been my conference buddy! And we actually blog about really similar stuff, food, recipes, crafts, home improvements and diy projects! I like the way Kara puts it best: we’re ADD crafters (seriously love that like Kara!)! All over the map!
I love food, all foods. Dinner food, breakfast food, deserts, etc… I also do a lot of cake decorating. I learned how to decorate cakes for my kids birthdays and it’s expanded from there.
But when I’m in the mood for a desert for myself I have slightly different tastes! So I wanted to share one of my favorites with you. Coconut Panna Cotta! Coconut is one of my all time very favorite ingredients and flavors. And the Italian style custard that is panna cotta is a great medium for coconut flavor!
Coconut Panna Cotta Recipe
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 14 oz heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packets gelatin
- ½ C cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat milk, cream and sugar over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put the gelatin in the cold water and let sit for 5 mins. Add the gelatin mixture to the milk mixture and add the vanilla.
- Strain and pour into individual ramekins or a 9 inch pie pan. Press plastic wrap down on top so it doesn't form a skin.
- Put in the refrigerator until set (overnight), and when you're ready to serve turn upside down onto a plate.
- Top with fresh berries and Berry Coulis (I used blackberries this time).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
The texture of this panna cotta is just right, and it’s such an easy recipe to throw together! Other than the time it takes to set up it’s also quick! And it looks so fancy!