I got the recipe for these yummy seven layer cookies years ago from my aunt Donna. She made them for a family reunion, and after one bite I knew I had to have the recipe!
They are similar to those awesome 7 layer bars, but in cookie form. I pretty much love sweetened condensed milk in anything, so I think these are amazing!
They are super chewy, and every bite is filled with chocolate, coconut, and graham crackers. Oh so yummy!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 full crackers)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Soften your butter. Use a food processor to crush your graham crackers. Line cookie sheets with silicone liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Dump all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir really well till thoroughly combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto silpat lined or greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. For bakery style cookies, roll them into balls and press a few chocolate chips into the tops of each dough ball.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown and centers are set.
- Let cool on pans 3-5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender, or place crackers in a ziplock bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
My dough balls weighed about an ounce. If yours are larger or smaller, you may need to adjust the baking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Supplies used to make these cookies: