Super Easy Saltine Toffee . . . after just one bite of this scrumptious candy, you will be hooked. It’s simply incredible!
I needed some last minute “thank you” treats for some friends last night. I pulled out a recipe for saltine toffee that I have been wanting to try for months. It only calls for 5 ingredients, so I knew it would come together quickly.
Not only is saltine toffee easy to make, it is beyond delicious. I don’t even know if I should buy Saltines anymore, because I will be tempted to make more of these. There is a reason these are commonly referred to as “crack”. And it’s not just because they are made with crackers. They are so addicting!
It’s a good thing we gave most of these little goodies away, because I couldn’t stop eating them. If you like toffee like I do, you have got to give this recipe a try!!
Tips: I use this half sheet baking pan, and I can fit 54 whole saltines. If your pan is smaller, you can break crackers to fill in the edges. The chocolate takes awhile to set up, but if you are in a hurry, you can pop the pan in the fridge for a few minutes to speed things up.
Handy tools for making this recipe:
I used pecans this time around, but it is also fantastic with sliced almonds.
Need a few more yummy candy recipes? Give these a try:
- Turtle Candies
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Caramel Chocolate Truffles
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Best Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Pecan Caramels
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Butter Mints
- Turtle Candy
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers (I used 54 crackers)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi sweet)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans, preferably toasted
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray. Arrange saltines in a single layer over the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 3 minutes. Pour over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or till hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes till the chocolate melts, then use an offset spatula to spread chocolate evenly. Top with nuts.
- Cool completely and break into pieces. This process takes a few hours, so I sometimes put mine in the fridge to speed things up a bit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g