Since Halloween is right around the corner, I thought I’d share a fun Halloween recipe with you. I made these fun black cat cookies last night with my boys and they loved them. They are a great recipe to make with kids because there are lots of things they can do.
They rolled the dough, flattened, whisker-ized, and added the eyes and noses. Just make sure you have an older child add the eyes and noses, because you have to do it as soon as you pull them out of the oven, and the pan will still be very hot.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Candy corn
- M&M's or red hots
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1 1/2" balls. Place 3" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Pinch the tops of the cookies to form ears. Use a fork to make whiskers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Immediately press on candy corn eyes and M&M noses.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g