Hershey Mint Kiss Cookie Cups- these cute little cookie cups are loaded with chocolate mint flavor, and look so pretty. Perfect for Christmas!
Baking Christmas cookies is one of my favorite things this time of year. We have a few favorites, but I also like coming up with new recipes every year. I think peppermint just screams Christmas, so every year I bake at least one cookie recipe that involves peppermint. And chocolate of course!
This year I wanted to come up with a way to use the Hershey’s kisses that only come out for the holiday season. The mint truffle kisses are my favorite! I buy several bags and freeze them so I can enjoy them all year long. Do any of you do that with your favorite candy? Welcome to the hoarders club. 🙂 Anywho, back to the cookie recipe. I experimented a few times with the cookie dough recipe, and finally found a winner. These taste amazing, and they look so pretty on a cookie tray. I made some of each.
The ones with the candy cane Hershey kisses are the prettiest, but I of course like the mint truffle variety the best. You can use whichever ones you want. Or of course you can use regular kisses instead if that floats your boat. These were gobbled up in minutes, and I was lucky to get a photo of the last five left!
Hershey Mint Kiss Cookie Cups
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 bags mint Hershey kisses (you can use the candy cane or mint truffle variety)
- Beat together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Chill for an hour to make dough easier to handle. Roll in small balls and place in greased mini muffin pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 8 minutes. Immediately place an unwrapped Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
I found it much easier to keep the kisses intact if I let the cookies cool in the pan before I removed them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Here’s a few more chocolate mint cookies that you might enjoy: