This German potato salad is unlike any other potato salad I’ve ever tried. I actually got the recipe from my younger brother Aaron. He made it in a high school cooking class and then brought the recipe home and made it for our family. I took the recipe to college with me and have been making it ever since.
Warm German Potato Salad
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, cut thinly
- Fry bacon till crisp; drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Slice green onions. Scrub and slice potatoes.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, water, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour mixture over potatoes with bacon and onions.
- Cook in a covered glass dish in the microwave for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, till potatoes are tender but not mushy.
-The thinner you slice the potatoes, the faster it will cook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 11g