Lemon Berry 4th of July Dessert – Star shaped lemon brownies topped with ice cream and fresh berries – a lovely and refreshing treat perfect for July 4th and Memorial Day!
One of the things I love most about summer is the abundance of fresh berries. Man they are good! They are also the perfect color for 4th of July desserts, so I try to incorporate them every year.
This time around I paired them with some delicious lemon bars. They are not the traditional lemon bars with the shortbread crust. They are more like brownies, but lemon flavored. So good!
In my opinion, they are better than lemon bars! The lemon and the berries go just perfectly together. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you have a delightful summer treat!
You can just cut the lemon brownies into squares, but I used a star shaped cookie cutter to cut them out. So festive, and so pretty for the Fourth of July!
See how fun they are with the cute star shaped bars? Your guests will love them!
- I used strawberries and blueberries, but you can also use blackberries and raspberries. Any red and blue fruit will work!
- Instead of vanilla ice cream, you could use lemon ice cream, sherbet, or even whipped cream.
MORE RECIPES FOR THE 4TH OF JULY:
- Patriotic Scones
- 4th of July Brownie Bites
- Berry Cheesecake Pie
- Cherry Berry Lemon Muffins
- Red, White, and Blue Mini Trifles
LEMON BERRY 4TH OF JULY DESSERT
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (more or less)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 cups Vanilla ice cream
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till creamy. Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice, and eggs. Stir in flour and salt till well combined.
- Line a 9x13" pan with foil, leaving at least 3 inches of extra foil at each end. (This will help with removing the brownies later.) Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the batter evenly in the foil lined pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or till edges are starting to lightly brown and middle is set.
- For glaze, whisk together all ingredients, adding enough lemon juice to make a pourable consistency. Spread evenly over hot bars.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then use foil to carefully remove brownies to a cooling rack.
- Cut into star shapes with a cookie cutter. Serve with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.
If you prefer, you can just cut the lemon brownies into squares instead of star shapes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 55gProtein: 7g