Start the 4th of July off right with these yummy patriotic breakfast scones. They are so pretty, and so easy to make!
The Fourth of July is just around the corner, and what could be better than starting off the day with a red, white, and blue breakfast scone? They can be whipped up in just minutes, and they are so tasty!
With cherries, blueberries, and white chocolate, these breakfast scones are packed with flavor! I used dried blueberries, and they add a yummy chewiness that is a perfect balance to the juicy cherries.
I love sprinkling the tops of my scones with sugar, but you can use a simple glaze instead. Or you can just omit that step, they will still be delicious.
Here are a few more of my favorite 4th of July recipes:
Patriotic Breakfast Scones
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup very cold or frozen butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup dried blueberries
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp milk and 2 Tbsp sugar for tops of scones (optional)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Grate in the butter. Stir till coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and milk. Add to dry ingredients and lightly stir till ingredients are barely mixed. Fold in the berries and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Press each half into a 5" circle on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 6 wedges. Place each wedge on a silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheet. Place in freezer while oven is preheating to 425 degrees.
- Brush tops of scones with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 18 minutes at 425°.
-Recipe was originally published at The Idea Room.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Did you like this post? I’d love for you to PIN IT! Thanks!