If you prefer, you can make this into a sheet cake. Double all the ingredients and bake in a large jelly roll pan for about 20-25 minutes.
Lime Cupcakes with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- dash salt
- 1-2 tsp lime juice (If you need it)
- Bring butter and water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- While mixture is heating, combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling mixture over the dry ingredients and beat till smooth. Add egg, sour cream, lime juice, and zest and beat again.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool completely and frost.
- For frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese till fluffy. Add remaining ingredients, using enough lime juice to achieve the consistency you want. You need it thicker for piping, thinner if you will just be spreading it on.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g