Here are a few more chicken pasta recipes my family loves:
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Cook bacon in a large skillet till crispy. Drain and reserve 1 Tbsp of the drippings.
- Cook chicken, onion, and mushrooms in the bacon grease till chicken is no longer pink.
- Add broth, seasonings, and bacon. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and sour cream till smooth; stir in. Return to a boil and cook & stir for about 2 minutes, or till thickened.
- Serve over hot pasta.
-I've used both light and fat free sour cream. I recommend the light, but the fat free doesn't turn out quite as well.
-If you don't have fresh mushrooms, you can substitute sliced canned mushrooms.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 30g