Chicken Stroganoff -a creamy, tangy sauce loaded with chicken, bacon, and mushrooms and spooned over pasta. Delicious!
I got this chicken stroganoff recipe from my mom. She made it for dinner one night while we were visiting a couple months ago and my entire family loved it, so I wrote down the recipe before I left.
The first time I made it, I kept thinking something was missing, that it wasn’t quite as good as my mom’s. As I typed up the recipe, I realized what it was. I accidentally left out the mushrooms. Duh! We’re not huge mushroom fans around here, but I really think they add to this recipe.
This is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for hectic evenings. If you are really pressed for time, you can use the precooked bacon bits and just cook the chicken in olive oil. It’s still mighty tasty.
Here are a few more chicken pasta recipes my family loves:
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Bacon
Chicken Ranch Bacon Pasta
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad
Yield: 6 servings
Creamy sour cream sauce with chicken and bacon served over pasta.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Cook bacon in a large skillet till crispy. Drain and reserve 1 Tbsp of the drippings.
- Cook chicken, onion, and mushrooms in the bacon grease till chicken is no longer pink.
- Add broth, seasonings, and bacon. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and sour cream till smooth; stir in. Return to a boil and cook & stir for about 2 minutes, or till thickened.
- Serve over hot pasta.
-I've used both light and fat free sour cream. I recommend the light, but the fat free doesn't turn out quite as well.
-If you don't have fresh mushrooms, you can substitute sliced canned mushrooms.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 30g
Leave a Reply